About This Blog:

These are stories of places, foods, moments and adventures from my travels, work related or vacation. Some travelers says "its not about the destination, its about the journey" but for me I prefer both.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lake Danao in Polangui Albay

Its been two(2) years since my last visit to my mothers home town in Buhi, Camarines Sur, I already listed the place I'm planning to photograph. One of them is Danao Lake, its a very small heart shaped lake. It may not be good for swimming because of the dead trees and branches under the water, but the place is good for picnic or just nature tripping. I took this shot almost six(6) am, I failed to prepare early and scout the area before setting my gears.


Locals says that there was a community here when a tornado brings strong winds and waters killing almost everyone in the area. It is estimated that the lake is 20 to 25 meters deep.

I heard this boy from a distant singing. I thought he is just a few meters away to my surprise he is in the middle of the lake. His voice is amplified may be my the wind from the lake to the banks. He is trying to fish for sinarapan or tabios, that's what locals called it, the worlds smallest commercialized fish.

Its quarter to seven(7)am when I left the place. A bit disappointed that I stayed there for just a few minutes because the sun is already up and didn't get as many shots as I expected (sunrise shots). But its okay at least I've seen another lake and the next time I'll be more prepare.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful scenery...
    im from bicol but i havent seen the place though...
    i hope the next time ill be visiting my home town ill be able to take some photos that i could share as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so intrigue of danao lake in polangui , im from bacacay and hopefully this summer we can visit this place.

    ReplyDelete